Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Baby it is cold outside....

If you have heard rumours that Santa Claus almost are ready for the big trip..... I can tell.. It is true. I catch him and his wife in the bath tub the other nigth... ;-) It seems they had a great time.
I have got some great mailings yesterday and to day. Yesterday I got mail from Joy, she had seen on my blog that I had this old Debbie Mumm fabrics as one of my favorite.I had only a little piece with one bee on left... So she send me what she got- A fat quarter. So thank you Joy you are so kind to me-now I can just sit tigth and dream of what to make of it... ;-)
To day I got a wonderfull parcel from Wendy... She had made me some great coasters- I also got ......
My Spring Fling Round Robin quilt. I love it ;-) Margaret has been hosting this swap. Thank you Margaret. My quilt are made by 4 great ladys from Canada and Usa. Thanks girls, you have done a great job. The senter are made by Sharon, first border by Margaret,second border by Alicia and Wendy has quiltet it and done the binding. Great job ;-)
To day it is so cold here in Trysil, just now at 9 pm it is 19 degress below zero.I had a cold walk to the post office. I had to mail some Christmas cards..... I would also take some photos to show. There was some ice in the air and the sun was shining.The sun looks almost like nothern lights...
Here are what it looked like out of my bedrom window, both a brigth sun and a rainbow...The "laces " on the top of the photo are snow hanging from the roof....
If you remember Donald Duck with a big fur coat playing with his nephews and a sled.... It is what I will look like walking to the bus to morrow. I dont wear a fur, but I will walk like him in all my clothes..... ;-)
Ps it is - 20 now..... Brrrrr...
Warm hugs to you all....

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow that round robin quilt is lovely! I love the colors too.

Wendy said...

I'm so glad your SFRR made it to you, and rather quickly as well. It was a fun project. Merry Christmas!!

May Britt said...

That was a wonerful little RR quilt. Georgius.
And it is soooooooooo cold here too.

Tracy said...

Whoa Santa...LOL! ;o) The RR quilt is fantastic, Laila...I love the design, what a great gift. And your winter scenes are stunning...very winter wonderland at the moment. We are cold where we are too...and such wind today too...bbbrrr..Happy Holidays ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Beautiful but cold.

Kerry said...

What a wonderful Christmas decoration - I've never seen Santa in the tub before, so different. Your round robin quilt is a work of art, wow you are so lucky. And I just love your photographs.

Lise in Norway said...

What some lovely winter photos Laila. We have the snow but not the cold brrr

Vigdis said...

Syns jammen at du og Svein tok julebadet litt tidlig :)

Anonymous said...

Very funny!!
If you want to swap a gift with france, write my profil on sirpriz :)

Mama from http://www.sirpriz.com
from France

Make friends, swap and send and receive some gifts around the world

Carole said...

Your RR turned out lovely. You know, I don't mind the cold, it's the wind that's a killer. Lovely sun! Thanks for sharing!