Saturday, December 06, 2008

December in France

This is what December looks like near Nice in France. Snow in the hills but still green. Cold nigths but lovely sunny days. I can't quite tell where the photo are from, but it is close to Nice. And it is what I think France or Cote D'Azur region looks for me. Stone houses on every hill and lots of green bushes.....
But it is also narrow streets.Here are a street in the village where my brother and his family lives.It is named Speracedes.A small village close to Grasse, the well-known perfume town. I have not got myself my own perfume jet, but next time may bee....
Here are one of the reason I'm so luckey to be able to visit France... My nephew Swan. Here looking on his oldest brothers football practice .
And here are the football player, Cyrian. In deep concentration practice as a goalkeeper.He is another reason I love to visit France.
I did not went looking for quilt stores this time..... but I was looking for thimbles...not easy to find untill we tryed acting as a tourist, visiting souvenir shops. And in this little street I got a lot of thimbles.... It is in Antibes. Yes it is where I have been visiting a quilt store last year.
Looking out on the marina in Antibes.I would not say No to have one of these boats....( I could sell it and buy fabrics after a day on the sea. LOL ) The days were warm on the day I leave. About 20 degrees in the sun.... so it was hard to come home ....
....to this. It had came a lot of snow when I was away. About 40 cm.But for me this is Christmas time....
This is how my garden looks like to day... I belive I live in a blue world.On childrens televisjon there are some Blå nisser ( blue elfs) and I belive some of them are here looking after the progress in Christmas preparation. And for me .... I'm a slow worker.... ;-)
Look what I found in France... Hm..The white in front I got from my great friend Kjerstin who has been in Riga. I'm soo luckey to have great friends. Thanks Kjerstin. But all the others I found in the little store in Antibes. There are thimbles from all the places I have been and some more.. But I didn't got one from Grasse... Somthing to look fore next time. :-) I also got me some sweets.Anis sweets... Yummy!!!
I manage to get me some new magasines also.I can't read Frenche, but I'm good in looking on ideas.... I have found some pattern I have to try.. sometimes..I belive. Country Threads and Homespun was waiting on my desk when I came home... Clever mailman... But I hope he brings me some more mail soon.I have some swaps I'm waiting for...

Untill next time ... have a wonderful Advent. Hugs.

5 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

Ahhh....Nice and France...beautiful days...and I can see what you mean with coming back to all that snow...but as you said...its winter!!:o)

Joy said...

Wow Laila, what you came home to looks just like a Christmas Card. How beautiful!!! It's a bit different down here, yesterday it was 34C ... quite hot!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Unknown said...

There is a big difference from France to Norway, but as you say the cold and the snow means Christmas for us.

Lise in Norway said...

What some lovely photos You had a nice trip I can see...The snow belongs to chritsmas.. we all dream of a white chritsmas :-)

Tracy said...

From sun to snow...what contrasts in these photos--LOL! So glad you had great time, and treats too. Think of Nice when you're feeling cold! ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))