Sunday, September 09, 2007

Somthing old ,somthing new......

Last week it was a sudden death in my sewing room....I was using my iron when it suddenly sound like a steamer and opened it self. I have never belived any thing like this could happen! So I had to run to the shop and get me a new iron...Quilting with out iron are impossible.
Here are my new partner..I have began playing with the Australian fabrics. I use them with Kaffe Fasett fabrics. My plan are to make a tablecloth.But the plans may change, I never know what might happen before I have done it... :-)
Here are a old stitcheri from Bareroots. I love to make smal stitcheries and have a lot more ready to be done.......but I have not time to do everything I want.So I jump from one thing to another.
Last week a tok my bicykkle and went to visti my friend with the dairy at her home. She have some hens and one of the oldes are a strange bird. She wants to be where ever my friend are and endjoy to be sitting on the knee.
One of the reasons I went to visit her,besides a lovely talk and coffee, was to look at the new baby. It is the first "home made" chikken in the hen house.It was so cute...but difficult to take photo of. It was going on full speed......
I have deside to try to make some blocks from all my Japanese books, starting with my name. I'm so luckey to have a easy name. I don't know what to make of the blocks...we'll see how it turn out.
I want to show my hall to you. I have made my self a arrangement to hang up smal quilts and miniatures. It is easy to change the quilts so I can exchange the look of my hall when ever I feel for it.
It the end of this blog I want to show some more photo from the journey to Trondheim.It was great weather and I like to take scenery pictures , but I think you know that. ;-)
Next time I hope to show some fall photos. The forest are turning in lovely collors now.
Untill then...take care and take time to relax....

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

definitely can't sew without an iron.......the new baby looks good.....thanks for sharing your other pics.....

May Britt said...

Ja det regelrett strøk med.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny : I'm using the same Braun as your old one.... I'll be double careful now ! LOL
Beautiful pictures and such beautiful blocks and stitcheries ! How lucky you are to hang them on the walls, is it your sewing room ?

And how's Jacob ?

Hugs & smiles to you,
NADINE

Unknown said...

Your blocks with the Australian fabrics are lovely. Keep on showing your scenery pictures.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love your name and the hallway, I go through a minimum of an iron a year...and often they just get replaced because they are dropped and look like yours!! Tracey

atet said...

No, an iron is a MUST. I've never seen an iron do that before! What beautiful blocks you have been making -- it will be fun to see what they become!

Greenmare said...

I never saw an iron do THAT before! ;-)
You should make a quilt of your friend with the chicken on her knee! That is just too cute for words!

Sarah Nopp said...

I am inm love with those Australian Fabrics... I need to go get more of them. I think pairing them with the Kaffe fabs is a great idea too! I tend to use darker colors, so these go so nicely.
I hope your snow melts away and you get a burst of warmth to take you into the winter!