Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy Weekend

This weekend Nemo has been home, and we had a lot of ideas and things we wanted to do. No problem to make the time run....but we did manage to make many things. First we are both a member of "Stitching Klubben" from Jordbærstedet. This month we got a pre-printed house and great Japanece fabrics. This is how they turned out, almost finish.
To day I got mail. A great fat quarter and a little pillow filled with lavender from Karol-Ann. Thank you they are just so nice , and the smell of lavender reminds me of France. And I'm going to visit my brother and his family soon.They lives close to Nice.
Now we got winter and snow here in Trysil. It is about 10 degress below zero in the nights, but when the sun shine in the days ,it is beautiful. The snow are so white and the sky so blue.You can se what weather I got on the web-camera. Lucky for you all I live in a tourist district... LOL The squirrel love when I fill the bird-house with sunflower seed. I wonder if he thinks it is for him? And so what I like the little squirrels.This photo are take through a window with the sun shining - So it are a bit foggy.
On friday Lapphøna brought her Stitchery with her so we could compare the progress. You can see how her turned out on her blog. :-) Here you realy can see how clever Nemo and I have been .Ours are almost finish......
So mutch have we, Nemo and I ,worked on in the week end. The christmas stitcherys are "The Night Before" from Cinderberry Stitches.It was ouer relaxing item .
I manage to talk Nemo into make "Wool Etui" from the lates magasine of Quiltmaker. We did it in felt.Nemo didn't know she needed it, but it was fun and easy to make. There are flowers on the outside and ribbons to tie it together....
Inside it looks like this.A little pocket to the scissors and a pocket for the thimble and some space to put nedles. Nemo has got the scissor from her great- grand mother in her etui. (The brown and violet one.)
At last we had to make smal purses like the one Abyquilt has done. I got the click -lock when I was in Findland last year. Nemo wanted the smalest, and of course she got that.
She has gone back to Oslo to day. I hope we can have another working weekend soon, but with work and all to do I don't think it will be werry soon. ;-(
Now I'm going to do some hand sewing on my Christmas Swap . I need to finish it soon, I'm going to France on the 22. and have to finish it before I leave.May be I find somthing to add in France......
As you can see Nemo has add some news on my blog... I have signed on to the Four season Quilt Swap. I wonder who I'm going to make a quilt for.....
Have a warm and lovely evening..... ;-)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely it must be to have your daughter sewing with you.

May Britt said...

I see I have to go and buy the quiltmaker mag now. You and Nemo got a lot done this weekend.

sewkalico said...

You did have a busy weekend!! You both made some beautiful things - well done! The lavender is from France :O) Glad the fabric arrived too.

Vigdis said...

Så flinke dere har vært i helga. Og tusen takk for trivelige sy-stunder sammen med dere.

Anonymous said...

OMG this is SPLENDID ! You and Nemo did such a GREAT job ,my friend, BRAVO !
Everything is so nicely done, and I especially LOVE the scissors holder. Keep doing, you're on a roll !

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

What a gorgeous lot of things you made and are working on....just beautiful!
Your koalas will go well with the kangaroos I am sending, you will be able to make a complete Australian quilt soon, Tracey

Anne Ida said...

Wow, you ladies were busy this weekend! Love what you did with your stitcheries! And those wool scissors holders are wonderful!

Hanne said...

How beautiful things you have made :-)

I Need a couple of finishes here so I can enjoy starting something new. Need to get my (_Y_) in gear - NOW :-))

Elaine Adair said...

Such pretty little stitcheries, fresh and feminine . Lovely work.

Sweet P said...

You have a busy weekend too. What a wonderful selection of items you completed.

atet said...

What lovely projects and how special that you can share your love of crafting with your daughter. I hope I am as lucky someday!

Jeanne said...

You and Nemo have made some lovely projects. How nice to stitch with your daughter.

Leni said...

What a cute squirrel!