Thursday, December 06, 2007

Advent......

On the first sunday in Advent I put my Advent table-cloth and the Advent-candel on the table. And start to count down untill Christmas.
I alsow has some quilts I must hang on the walls. The first are from Art to Heart .I made it some years ago.
And the second are Yule tide Joy from Quakertown Quilts. I just love these quilts and they are so CHRISTMAS to me. So now I can start to make everything ready for Christmas. I'm going to make gifts and make some Christmas cakes this week.....
To day I made two smal purses from the new Tilda book. (Tildas julehus) Fun and easy to make. I have more gift plans from this book. ;-)
Yester day and to day I got mail. More to make. The Julius pattern and the tied up fabrics are a Designer abonnement from Nothern Quilts . The Stocking patten with the other fabrics I got from Katrines Quiltestue. The pattern are from Bird Brain Design. I love to start making them...
This evening I went to meet some of my quilting friends . We had a lovely evening just talking and "organize the world". ;-) I was clever and sew bindings on one and a half little table-cloth. Vigdis had to take a photo just so I could show how clever I was. She had done som bindings herself ,but I did not get a photo of hers. She has to blog them herself.
Here you can see all three of the table-cloths. I make all three at the same time. Three 30 cm of fabrics make three stars. so quick and easy....Just cut and put together...Almost....
One lady in the quiltgrup has made this of felted wool. The goat has not got his horn yet but I think it is great. And the guy with the red hat.... WOW. In Norway we call him a "nisse" It is not the same as the Santa . He brings no presents, but stays about looking after the house and the animals. I don't know if you "out in the world" has somthing like him? He must be a kind of a lovely elf, if you treat him well.
I must show you how different my life has been the last weeks....Here outside Nice it was so lovely, warm wether , about 20 degrees , sunny and so golden...
And back home.....Blue and cold weather . Abouth 15 degrees below zero. And I love every part of the difference.... It is soon Christmas and it means winter to me.... And I must have snow.
Have some great Advent-days...
Have fun and remember to relax.... ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have so many beautiful Christmas quilty things. I always promise myself that I will begin early next year to do something for next Christmas but... hopefully I will finish my table runner before Christmas.

HexagonLady said...

Fine site! Leja in Sweden