Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer days...

Emma was at home in Oslo for a while,untill she and her mother came back to spent sometime with us here. It has been realy hot .... When they left Oslo it was +40 degrees in their apartment.Jacob has been waiting for Emma to return, he sat on her baby carriage and waited ... I don't know how to make him understand that she are not here all the time...
But now we all enjoy to spend some time with her again. Learning her to read the newpaper and so on...
I have done a lot of stitching these last weeks--- I got my first july project ready. The first kit from Stitchery of the Month Club. Rosalie Quinlans Grandma's House. It was ment to be framed, but I made it as a cushion. It looks great I think. I got my second kit and has started on it too... This is a great club ;-)
Last week was realy hot her in Trysil , so it was difficult to get to bed in the nigths.This is how it looks at one o'clock in the middle of the nigth- The sun has problems to go to bed as well.
Jacob are a bit jealous on Cyan...She can walk where ever she wants all the day,while he have to stay in his cage sometimes. So he tryes to chase her sometimes, but Cyan got a brigth idea and went to sleep in my leftovers. Under the table in my sewing area. Guess who are going to sneeze the next time I'm going to search in this box ;-)
When I was in Oslo visiting Emma and her mother we went for a lot of walking in the town, here we are on Akerbrygge, there was a lovely ligth breeze from the sea.
We also took a walk up to Katrines Quiltestue...And I got some new patterns, new DMC floss and some blue fabrics....witch I realy need... Yes I have found a new pattern I just HAVE to do...
Look at this wonderfull quilt on the front of Homespun...I'm not clever to use blue fabrics- but great to buy them, so now I will have this quilt as a slow goal. I will make it by hand and have no pressure. Wonder if I got pressure on all my other ufo's ???? Hm It don't looks so.

Hope you all are having a great stitching days...I know I will ;-)

11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the quilt on the cover of that mag.........maybe I should make it too.........

Doina said...

I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

May Britt said...

Cyan is so clever, know exactly where to find the rigt place to sleep far away from the craw. Love your pillow.

Anne Heidi said...

Ser ut som deilige sommerdager! Puta du har sydd er nydelig!! Jeg falt også pladask for den blå quilten i Homespun.... må nok kanskje sy ferdig noen påbegynte prosjekter først.... men den er absolutt på min liste også :-)

Unknown said...

Emma is getting bigger every day. I have heard of the heat you have in Norway and I don´t envy you. I love the blocks you are making.

Gloria in MN said...

I like blue too. I can alway use another piece of blue fabric. Sorry it's so hot in Trysil this summer. We are cooler than usual here in Minnesota.

Hanne said...

Her var det fine ting på gang :-)
Den quilten din ser flott ut!

Vigdis said...

Heldig Emma som kan dra ut av den varme byen og til Trysil på ferie. Heldig jeg også, som få trillebesøk :)

Lise in Norway said...

Gleder meg til å se den blå ferdig Den ser spennende ut!

Terry said...

Your blue quilt is going to be beautiful! I'd love to make one like that someday! :0)

Catherine said...

Hi Laila

I’ve just found your posting tonight featuring the blocks that you have created for the Winding Our Way quilt featured in Homespun Vol 10 No 5. Your blocks look absolutely gorgeous so we hope you have fun creating them. We would love to feature your finished quilt in our Mailbag section of Homespun and would appreciate it if you could forward us a hi-res image of the project (about 1MB) plus some info on what caught your eye about this project etc so that we could publish it for you. If you are happy to do this, please forward them to Liz Newton at enewton@universalmagazines.com.au when you are ready.

Many thanks and happy sewing.

Cheers

Catherine Sanchez
Editor
Homespun