Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Playing......

September has been filled with fun and fabrics, and a lot of great family happening. It has been the baptism of Aurora Amélie and atumn vacation from school ( for Emma). Luckey me had every body at my home for almost a week. Great ,fun days. 
One more great happening was a class with Jen Kingwell at Katrines Quilte Stue. Oh,what a great day. I'm so facinated by Jen's work. I love all the fabrics she use in her Quilts.We did not sew a lot during the day,but we started on some blocks from the Bring Me Flowers quilt.( the one on the table) This will be a slow work,just for fun. I will use as match as I can from my leftovers. May be it will turn out to be a memory quilt...
This is my first block of the quilt. Some old and some new fabrics.Tula Pink - Liberty - some from an old Bom. 
My first priority now are this quilt by Jen K. The Circle Game. Just started on block 14 of 16 to nigth. Most of the fabrics are from my leftovers too.... Yes I have a lot! 
Some times I play with new fabrics too.... Well almost new.. Some fabrics,like these Libertyfabrics are difficult to cut into... But I manage to do it,and I like my two new tablerunnere. ( and more leftovers to play with ) 
This year I got a new Bom,from Sew Hot in UK. A miniature made from new fabrics. This is made with Tula Pink fabrics. I have a new kit on it's way to me now... Wonder what it is... 
Ever since the Jen Kingwell class,I have been thinking of the Designer board she had. It is an idea by Lori Holt,I belive. I have seen it at Fat Quarter Shop,and at Lori's blog.I could have ordred it....but I had to try to make one by myself. Not the best result,but now I know how to make me another. 
This weekend I will play with my fabrics and hope to have more to show soon.....
Untill then,have fun,take care and play with colors... 
Hugs :-)

No comments: