Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Winter work...

I have been playing a lot with fabrics during wintertime. Some big and a lot small items. 
I have been playing with rulers and started to try to use some of my old fabrics.
On the quilt with the green star I have tried to use as many as posible of my fabrics with owls and birds..
The one with blue stars the top and bottom border are with an old fabric with angles..
The little heart houses are a test of my Go'Baby. .....
Here there are some challenges ( the brown tablecloth) ,try somthing new (the big star quilt ) ,leftovers (the pillow) and make somthing green... 
I have a lot of precut fabrics...and what can I use them for... A tablerunner...small houses - I love this little wallhanging. Tula Pink fabrics ( <3 ) ...and the little heart with houses, once again..hmmm .. 
I had a great weekend ...loong weekend..with The Girls some week ago. All of these items are connecting to them. The first are my memory quilt from Kristiansand (the one with stars ) ,the second are a challenge from NQF. The tablerunner are the first item I quilted om my new machine ( show and tell later ) rest og the stuff are items I made during the weekend. We had a great,fun and creative weekend. 
At last I manage to make a great finish, my own Simple Life Quilt. After the pattern of Anni Downs. 
I started to stitch on it in 2012 when the book was new....and then it was lying down in the UFO pile untill I was so luckey to go to a class with Anni,and I told one of my friends that I had started to make the stitcheries to it... So as ursual I could not say no when she gave me the challenge to finish it in about 3weeks.... And I did it. :-) 
I quilted it on my new friend....
Ok...the next blogpost will be a show and tell from my new/old sewing area.... Promice! 
Untill then have fun. Hugs :-)

1 comment:

Nemo said...

Flink/produktiv du har vært! 👍👍👏😉